The indoor environment is obviously really important for office workers because they have to stay inside for at least eight hours a day. Since that’s one-third of the day, the quality of the office air becomes a major concern. Here are several effective tips for workers so that they can cope with the air pollution in the office.
1. It is better to fix the air conditioners at 24-26 degrees Fahrenheit in summer. Although it may be extremely hot in your office, the temperature of air conditioners should not be too low. Actually, 24-26 is very suitable. It’s not only beneficial to your health, but also saves energy. If the office is too cool, your skin pores are likely to get blocked owing to the large temperature difference between indoors and outdoors, which makes it hard to excrete toxic substances. In fact, a slight sweat is good for you in summer.
2. Open windows as frequently as possible. It is recommended that you open your windows immediately after you enter the office in order to dilute harmful gases and vent them. It is generally acknowledged that natural ventilation improves the air quality in the office.
3. Have a walk on your lunch break. You can not only breathe in fresh air outside, but more importantly, regular exercise can build up your health. You can also escape from your work for a short time, which makes you feel invigorated and motivated to work energetically in the afternoon. I always have a short rest and enjoy myself in the park near my office building every day.
4. Eat more fruits such as pears and apples. Pears are also good for your respiratory tract. Fruits are quite healthy since they are able to provide various vitamins and water. That’s why we have that old saying about apples keeping doctors away.
5. Place some pots or brackets of green plants in your office such as a money plant (this name covers several species). These plants are effective in purifying indoor air and resistant to radiation. They also put you in a good mood.
6. Don’t sit near the vent of the central air conditioner in your office, where polluted air circulates all day.
If you put the above tips into practice, you are definitely going to have a better and healthier time in your office. You can also check more tips on dealing with air pollution here.